Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Joys of Airport Security

So Jacayla (my sister) and I have made it safely to Las Vegas and now to Kingman, AZ to visit Jonathan (our brother)  We flew out of Eastern Iowa Airport in Cedar Rapids and if you have ever been there it is sort of a joke.  Our flight was at 8:55 PM.  Most airports say to allow for a couple hours to get through check in and security....with this airport if you allow yourself 2 hours, come prepared with things to do or get ready to saddle up to the bar and throw back a few beers.

We arrived at the airport around 7:30.  Before we went in I said oh maybe we should have come earlier, I forgot about spring break travelers. We get to the check in desk....no line.  It takes about 2 minutes to check in.  The next 20 minutes are spent listening to dad make fun of people who walk by and saying look there's your mom in twenty year (as some old lady walk by) or that's Todd (my 6'4" boyfriend) in 20 years as a short fat security guard saunters past. My question was how many people were saying the same about him in his grungy work clothes and a sweatshirt that has a whole in the stomach, which I called his belly shirt...:)

Airport security took a couple minutes longer than normal since I got pulled aside for a bag check on my computer....I was hoping Todd hadn't hid anything in my computer that I didn't know about :) and we head to one of the 3 terminals.

The flight was about 3 hours and we had to sit two rows apart due to a full flight and not wanting to pay $30 extra dollars to sit by each other.  I sat next to a father and his son who didn't say a single word to me...so I guess I can't complain too much.

When we arrive in Las Vegas, we head to baggage claim where we see our brother jumping up and down waving.  We get out bags and Jack wants to pull her first slot.  She puts in a dollar and as it was her first time she didn't know how to run the machine so after showing her she didn't win anything...and said well that was about the extent of gambling I wanted to do so we headed for the car.

1 1/2 hours later we arrive in Kingman, I think we both slept most of the way and after a greeting from Jonathan and Crystal's dog Rocko we hits the sheets both of slept late according to our time zone but with the two hour time difference we slept till 8:30 AM AZ time.(I don't feel quite as lazy now)

Looking forward to a week of relaxation and warm!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment