Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Catching Up...The Iowa State Fair

So I've been a bit of a slacker the last couple weeks when it comes to blogging, but I think I have a pretty good excuse.  I had to head back to work after a summer of carefree days with my favorite little buddy.

Prior to heading back to work Todd, Lincoln and I took a little mini "vacay" to the Iowa State Fair, something I have been doing for as long as I can remember...I don't think Todd had even been there before he met me...sad.  Luckily my family had a camper up there, which makes "doing the fair" with a baby a heck of a lot easier.  You can head down for a little bit and come back up to the camper whenever you want and the best part of all...no looking for a place to hide to feed my kid.

Needless to say it was a fun couple of days.  We took in a few must have fair foods including a fried pickle dawg aka a fried pickle wrap, steak tips, and J.R. mini donuts, the most delicious little melt in your mouth delights at the fair (a big thanks to my fair junkie sister for the food suggestions). We also got to meet up with our friends Ron & Somchai to finally meet their almost one year son Simon and catch up with their other son Gavin. Todd was also chosen over Ron to go down the big slide with Gavin so that was a real treat.

For a night away from the fair we headed to downtown Des Moines to visit Zombie Burger which is right up Todd and my alley as we are kind of into zombies.  The menu consists of various zombie themed burgers of all shapes and sizes including a burger with fried mac and cheese for the BUN!


Todd & Gavin on the BIG Slide

Me & Lincoln

Relaxin in the camper

Zombie Burger

Slowly turning into a zombie baby...

Grandma time

No comments :

Post a Comment