Wednesday, August 28, 2013

All good things...

So a couple of weeks ago I started to write this post but decided to save it for another day because it was just making me too sad...

My summer bucket list was never really a list, but more a group of mental notes that I would have liked to have accomplished this summer.  It's probably better that I didn't write it down, because it saves me from feeling disappointed or guilty about not being able to check many of the items on the list. As I think back about the summer so far (I still have a couple weeks left) I may not have accomplished all that I set out to, but I can't really say that I'm disappointed either.

I have spent every possible minute I can with my favorite little person, Lincoln.  We snuggle, we play, we re-watched the entire series of Friends...a summer tradition of mine.  We have watched lots of movies, some too many times to count (Pitch Perfect is a bit of guilty pleasure of mine), we have napped, we've cried, we've laughed & giggled, we've laid outside, we have run errands, we've spent time with cousins and family...really we have done a whole lot of nothing...or maybe a better word is relaxing.

While I love to talk about spending all this time with him, I also don't, because I know that time will be cut down by over half in the weeks to come and it makes me very sad...I probably cry once a day just thinking about it.  I know that once we get into a new routine I'll probably feel a bit better about the whole situation, but now it really just sucks...a lot.


So now summer has officially ended, I have been back at work for two weeks and Lincoln is almost done with his second full week of daycare as well. So how has been?  Well to be honest not as bad as I thought.  The first two work days I had, Grandma Joan came to town to watch Lincoln so it was pretty easy to leave him at my house with her those two days.

Then Monday came.  I set my alarm for bright and early and things actually went pretty well.  I took Lincoln in to say goodbye to daddy and I really had to hold back the tears as I walked out of the house to head to our sitter's house.  Once I got there I was fully prepared to be a total wreck.  Much to my surprise I had an easier time leaving him there then I did walking out of my own house.  Her oldest daughter absolutely adores Lincoln and was so excited for him to be there.  Holly is really wonderful and made the whole transition so easy for me, that even though I lingered at her house for a little while I walked out of the house tear free.

Right before I pulled him out of the car to head inside. Sorry for the not so great picture,
Holly came outside to meet me as I was taking it so it's not the best :)

As these two weeks have passed, Lincoln is all the rage at daycare being the only baby.  As I said before her oldest daughter just loves him and whenever we show up in the morning she hurries up and finishes getting ready for school so she can hold and play with Lincoln before she leaves.  On Friday she even asked her mom if she hold Lincoln Monday morning!  Her other two children also love him. He son was telling her husband all about him after the first day and he middle daughter holds his hand when I'm putting him in the car seat. All the kids say goodbye to him when I come to pick him up, so that makes me feel pretty good.

As much I hate not getting to spend as much time with him, I know that daycare will be a good thing for him and for me in the long run and so far he is doing so well there, that is makes leaving him everyday that much easier. 

No comments :

Post a Comment