Sunday, July 28, 2013

What a difference a year can make...

It is pretty amazing how fast a year can go and how much your life can change in that time!  A year ago right around this time, I had just found out I was pregnant with who is now the light of my life.  A couple days later I ran the Bix race in Davenport.  After losing about 30 pounds in the spring I was convinced to run this race with my friend Lindsay. I had never run a race like this in my life, so why not start with one of the hardest mid distance races around (have you seen the Brady Street hill?) I trained for a couple of months, ran and finished the race, then faked my way through a couple of virgin bloody mary drinks and was pretty proud of myself.  Now a year later I have a beautiful baby boy, haven't run a single day since I crossed that finish line and to be quite honest I'm ok with that....but now it might be time to put that jogging stroller to good use!?!?





No comments :

Post a Comment