Monday, October 25, 2010

Thanks....thanks a lot!

So Mondays and Friday are generally crazy days in any elementary school, especially mine.

I was running around like crazy today, which makes the day go fast, but boy am I exhausted by the end of it.

At the end of the day I have a duty that I do where I stand outside on this main sidewalk and make sure that all students are getting off school grounds safely. One of my students who has Aspergers always has something to say as he passes by. This is the conversation that ensued today....

Student: See ya tomorrow!

Me: Yep see ya!

Student: (Stops walking and turns around) I know what I am going to do when I get home. First I am going to do my homework and then play Pokemon Emerald.

Me: Oh well that sounds like a good plan

Student: Yeah I'm in a pretty good spot

Me: Yeah you're pretty lucky, I have to go to class tonight. I come to school all day for work and then I go to school at night.

Student: Wow, when you do get any sleep?

Me: Well I guess I don't get a whole lot of sleep

Student: (Gets pretty close to my face) Hmm...that must be why you have bags under your eyes!

Me: Yeah I guess so.....now go home please!

Great way to end a crazy Monday.....thanks.....thanks a lot!

Note to self: Pick up cucumber to make cucumber slices on next grocery store trip

No comments :

Post a Comment