Monday, September 13, 2010

Wedding Day + 1 Month & Several Days (The Name Changing Period)


Happy 1 Month and several days to Todd and Me!

I can't believe it has already been a month since our wedding, and while it was by far the happiest day of my life, I am glad it is over and that we can finally "settle in" to marred life.

During our first month of being married, the question always comes "So how's married life?"

My general reply is it's great! Fact is, as of now it's a lot like before being married except I am now a Mrs., I am now a Chamberlain, I am now a wife, I can refer to Todd as my husband and I have had to change my name on fifty million things, which is definitely worse than the entire wedding planning process!

I don't think you realize how many things your name is on until you have to change them all! Men have got it WAAAAY too easy! :) My favorite part of the name changing process was getting a new license....or should I say mug shot......

The new Iowa license stipulations are that you can't smile and also that they have to be way too close to your face, NO ONE looks close when a photogra
phy is zoomed way in on their face. I am even brave enough to include the oh so lovely picture from my new license....sorry its a little blurry, my photo booth doesn't take the best pictures!














Outside of the picture stipulations, the new design also includes those lovely windmills that has splattered the state and they must be doing an all around "green" initative because I'm pretty sure they took a plastic straw, melted it down and then pressed it into the new license. I don't know about you, but I don't put a lot of emphasis on being green, especially if it means my new license is going to break in a week and I am going to have to pay to get a new one.

No comments :

Post a Comment